CCT has developed an absorbent that removes selenium from coal-fired power plant scrubber water. The cleaned water can then be returned to the environment.
Technology Readiness Level: Idea
- Power plant industry, i.e. coal power plants.
- Water and Agricultural Industries.
- Compliance of deadline for removing toxic selenium from waste water by 2023.
- Unlike current technology in market, CCT will not produce hazardous waste as a byproduct.
- Spent absorbent that is non-hazardous and safe to landfill.