C.B.A.A.M. is a device that measures the gas velocity and speed of sound across the air stream.
Technology Readiness Level: Prototype
- For use by operators of turbine-powered aircraft/rotorcraft fleet
- Gas turbine OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers)
- Maintenance Managers/Public Housing Manager specialists
- HVAC system providers
- Real-time measurement allows for integration with engine controls, meaning increased aircraft performance and uptime
- Accurate measurement improves available engine power by as much as 5% by eliminating conservative derating.
- Enables more precise control of power-critical flight systems
- Energy conservation: reduction of fuel consumption of rotorcraft fleet over entire operating life